- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
The company is donating $1 million to Magen David Adom, an affiliate of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies that provides emergency medical and blood banking services in Israel. It is also donating $1 million to other nonprofit organizations working in the region, particularly those with a focus on providing aid to children.
Disney revealed that company employees have also been participating in Disney’s Matching Gifts program that matches eligible charitable donations made by employees up to $25,000.
“In the wake of the horrific terrorist attacks targeting Jews in Israel this past weekend, we must all do what we can to support the innocent people experiencing so much pain, violence, and uncertainty — particularly children,” Disney CEO Bob Iger said in a statement. “We condemn these attacks, the hate that motivated them, and all acts of terrorism, and we will continue working to find more ways to provide support in the region, and to honor the victims, their families, and all those affected by this war.”
Earlier Thursday, Paramount Global donated $1 million to humanitarian relief efforts led by Magen David Adom, NATAL, UJA-Federation of New York and Save the Children. Paramount will also match employee donations to efforts to alleviate suffering in the region.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Behind The Screen